Tuesday, March 29, 2011

our beloved aggie...


well, it was a week ago this morning that we lost our beloved dog, agnes. i say 'our' dog, but really she was my parents dog. they got her when i was a senior in high school, but we all loved her SO much! she was atypical. very submissive and tender. always loving and ready to snuggle. she always wanted to have a paw on you, to touch you. she licked your hands, my mom's mostly to tell her she loved her and went on many walks with us all and lots with my parents on their land out in galisteo, NM. she got to where she knew her way home and would take off ahead of them and be waiting on the porch when they got home. we did photo shoots with her in matt's studio, we held her tons and mostly we just LOVED her company SO SO MUCH. she was a sweet, sweet dog and will be greatly missed.
i still remember the day my mom walked in the front door with her. she held agnes (who is named after the artist Agnes Martin, by the way) and i came down from the stairs, looking at her thinking gross, bc she was very dirty and greasy and looked like a goose with her neck stretched out. but that was a day of saving grace for aggie. she has heartworms and my parents got her on medicine to get rid of them. for the next 13 or so years, my parents loved on her like no body could. i loved her so much and always wanted to make sure to say a special goodbye to her when she left in my parents car, when they 'd come up to visit...as she got older, you just never knew when would be her last day and i didn't want to have regrets.
anyways, it was a peaceful passing for agnes. she was surrounded with loving arms and words form my parents for the last two hours of her life as she passed on, after suffering a stroke. i still cannot believe she is gone, forever, from us. she will be missed so much but we are just eternally greatful for getting to have her as part of our lives and to see the sweet spirit that was Agnes for that many years. there will never be another pet like her. thank you Lord for our pets.







































1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about Aggie passing. I know how important she was to your family and especially to your parents. Your post was so touching it made me cry. Please tell your parents I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete