Wednesday, March 2, 2011

oh man...

I've been wanting to write this since Sunday afternoon. but i had a busy last couple days...
anyways, Sunday's Church sermon was very eye opening...kind of annoying in a way, cause i get kinda tired of leaving services feeling "convicted". i wish i was to the point where i did NOT feel that way, only because I've already put into action how i felt stirred to, from hearing something previously...
alas... that is not the case. i guess i have to give myself SOME credit, i have been able to share and stand strong for what i believe, more than i used to.

I just feel convicted to act, knowing it's my duty here on earth to share the Good News of Jesus with others. if i am not doing that, what's the darn point...
Todd, our minister talked about this and gave examples of how he, personally, shares with people in lunch lines or grocery store checkouts. he stories were so encouraging and i am just frustrated with my lack of faith that the Holy Spirit will speak through me in those instances...

another thing that rang home was how he compared our churches here in the south to others in more liberal areas, like Portland, OR, for example and how we are in this comfort zone here, of going to church, feeling good, leaving and coming back the next Sunday and repeating it all over again. VS. getting filled to share through out our weeks and coming back to get filled again. i don't know... but i do know that since i am home a lot, it is essential to make the most of the moments that i am out, at the grocery store, getting gas, etc.etc.!

dang, where is my faith and WHAT AM I SCARED OF???

No comments:

Post a Comment