Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Osama bin Laden - captured and killed

Quite interesting and contrasting responses (via facebook status posts) about this monumental event that took place in the last few days of April 2011. These friend's comments were all big eye openers to me...showing me that it is a big accomplishment for our government and safety, but it's also sad, very sad for what it means for that soul.
we are ALL sinners, no sin is greater than another in the eyes of God. Prayer is needed for the lost (all that are lost) to have their hearts and eyes opened to the Holy Spirit, that is there to guide them to repentance. this is just one more reminder.

we are not made for this world.

Romans 12:2 - "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good pleasing and perfect will."

"While Bin Laden's death is a great relief to Americans, does anyone else feel like the thousands taking to the streets celebrating his death make us no different than him celebrating the thousands who died on 9/11?"

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

"Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live...'"

As believers in Jesus, we don't rejoice in the death of others. No sin is too great for Jesus to forgive.



he is facing his final judgement, just as we ALL will, one day. are you ready for that? am i ready for that? i am aware of it and constantly working to be in the best place possible, constantly being reminded to set my sights higher and to strive to be all that my God intends for me to be.
Not what He wants for me to be, but for what he intended and made me to be. Above all, I believe my sins have been forgiven and that i no longer live for THEM but for Christ, who died to cover those very sins. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment