Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Glow event at Watermark!

matt and i volunteered on Monday, at church, for the Glow event, which is an all day pampering experience for the battered and abused women of Nexus. we were so blessed to be a part of it!
matt was in charge of the before and after pictures of these women. as they came in, they bore their insecurities and raggedness; and left transformed, full of confidence and esteem! it was amazing to see the transformations! check out some of the most dramatic difference below!


taryn

amber

maridely

morgan

carolyn

shawnda

megan

angie

kim

darlene
also, check out the link to the video here, that our producer friend, angie made happen from WFAA...
or here's the link...
http://www.wfaa.com/video/gmtgeneral-index.html?nvid=379783&noad=yes&shu=1

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I've told you, but I work at Nexus now and some of these women on your page our my clients. I went up there for an hour or so to watch some of the transformations and it was simply amazing what Watermark and all the volunteers put on for these women. I'm sad I didn't walk back to the photo area though...then I would have seen you! I walked pretty much everywhere else!

    These women have been through more than most of us can imagine. It was difficult for many of them to be a part of, though they knew they needed it, because they feel like they don't deserve alot becuase of their complicated histories. I had to process with many of them how they are valued and loved no matter what they have done in their past...and how a new fresh face would be a fantastic boost of self-confidence and boost in the belief that thhey can have a successful recovery.

    It was good for them to see the body of Christ loving on them, as many of them have felt ashamed or have been pushed aside by churches in the past. I hope that many of them grew closer to their "Higher Power" that day!

    Thanks for all that you and Watermark have done.

    ReplyDelete